Those people who do not want to carry their original Aadhar card with them have a number of options with them. They can either use mAadhaar app or download Aadhar card online. It is easy to download UIDAI e-Aadhaar card online with Aadhaar number or by name and date of birth and get print out of Aadhar card whenever required. You can also download online by enrollment number or registered mobile number. There are three ways in which one can go for Aadhar card download or print from the official website of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI):
- Aadhar card download with aadhaar number
- Download Aadhar card by enrolment number
- Aadhar card download by name and date of birth
How to Download Aadhar Card by Using Aadhar Number?
In order to download and print Aadhar card online, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official UIDAI website
- Click on “download Aadhaar”.
- You will be redirected to like https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- A new window will open where a pop-up will display “how you can enter the password to open the pdf file containing your e-Aadhaar”.
- Select the “Aadhaar” option in case you know your Aadhaar number
- Enter your details such as:
- Aadhaar number
- Full name
- Pin code of your residential address
- Captcha image.
- Click on “Get One Time Password” option to get the OTP on your registered mobile number.
- In case you use mAadhaar app, you can opt for TOTP.
- Click on “Confirm” to send the OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- Click on “Validate and Download” button to download your e-Aadhaar to your computer.
- Enter the password and click on submit to open the e-Aadhaar card.
- Your e-Aadhaar card will be downloaded in a PDF format.
- You must have Adobe Reader to open the PDF file.
- Once you get Aadhar card, you can either take a print out of this document or store it in your smartphone for future use.
- Downloaded a copy of Aadhar card is acceptable as a legally valid proof.
How to Download Aadhar Card by Using Enrolment Number (EID)?
In case you have not got your Aadhar card yet or have forgotten your Aadhaar card number, you can still download your e-Aadhaar by entering the Aadhar Enrolment Number (EID) as well. Follow the given steps below, to download your e-Aadhaar card by enrollment number:
Step 1: Login – www.uidai.gov.in.
Step 2: Click on “Download Aadhaar” button.
Step 3: You will be redirected on eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/#/popup
Step 4: Enter your 14 digit enrolment ID number and 14 digit time and date values.
Step 5: Enter your full name, pin code, image captcha.
Step 6: Click on “Get One Time Password” to generate an OTP.
Step 7: The OTP, you will be received on your registered mobile number.
Step 8: You will get a message like “One time password has been sent to mobile no.91XXXXXXXX”
Step 9: Enter the OTP & click on “Validate & Download” option.
Step 10: Press “Confirm” Button.
Step 11: Your e-Aadhaar card will be downloaded in a PDF format to your computer.
Step 12: Ener the password to open the PDF file by using the first four letters of your name and “Year of Birth” in CAPITALS.
Step 13: You can take a print out of this document as a original document.
How to Download Aadhar Card By Name and Date of Birth?
In case you do not remember your Aadhaar number or Enrolment number, you can still download e-Aadhaar card online by entering name and date of birth. For this, what you will have to do is to retrieve your Aadhaar number from UIDAI’s website. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit Aadhaar’s website at https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid to retrieve your lost EID or Aadhaar number.
- Enter your full name and either your registered e-mail id or mobile number and the security code.
- Now click on the “Send One time Password” button.
- Now enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number and click on “Verify OTP” button.
- A message will appear on the screen stating that your Aadhaar number is sent to your registered mobile number.
- Once you get your Aadhaar enrolment number on your mobile, visit the e-Aadhaar page on the official UIDAI website.
- Click on “I have Enrolment ID option”.
- Enter Aadhaar enrolment number, Full name, Pin code, Image Captcha.
- Click on “One Time Password”.
- You will receive OTP and Enter.
- Now click on “Validate & Download” option.
- It was the complete process of downloading Aadhar number with name date of birth.
Password of Your e-Aadhaar Card
The password of your e-Aadhaar card consists of 8 characters. One can download Aadhar card by entering the first four characters are the first four letters of your name and the last four characters are the digits of your year of birth in capital letters. For Example – ‘SONU1992′
How to Print Your Aadhar card?
After you download your Aadhar card in the pdf format from UIDAI’s website, you can print your Aadhar card online.
You will have to enter the 8 digit password to open your e-Aadhaar letter. The password consists of first four letters of your name and the year of your birth.
Read About: How To Check Aadhar Update Status
Points to Remember
- You cannot download Aadhaar card online if your mobile number is not registered with UIDAI.
- UIDAI sends OTP to the registered mobile number for authentication before the Aadhaar card is downloaded in pdf format.
- You cannot download Aadhaar card without OTP.
- You can download e-Aadhaar as many times as you want.
- Downloaded E-Aadhaar card can be used in place of your original Aadhaar card everywhere.
- The procedure of downloading the Aadhaar card online is very easy and one can get Aadhar card print out online by entering password.
FAQs on e-Aadhar Card Download
Q. Which app can I use to download my e-Aadhaar?
A. You can download your Aadhaar on your smartphone in the mAadhaar app. A maximum of 3 profiles can be added in the mAadhaar app.
Q. How many ways are there to download e-Aadhaar?
A. You can download your e-Aadhaar from the official UIDAI’s website or install mAadhaar in your smartphone. It is always recommended that you do not fall prey to any other website to download your Aadhaar card.
Q. I don’t remember Aadhaar number. How can I download my Aadhaar using my mobile number?
A. You can retrieve your Aadhaar online at the UIDAI website. Once you enter your details, your Aadhaar number is sent to your registered mobile number.
Q. Can I download my Aadhar online if my mobile number is not registered with UIDAI?
A. You cannot download your Aadhaar online if you have not registered your mobile number with Aadhaar.