All Indian citizens are obligated to link their Aadhaar number to their LPG connections. This is also compulsory to receive the LPG subsidy offered by the government. However, before linking your Aadhaar card to your gas account, you have to ensure that your Aadhaar is linked to your bank account. Only then, can it be linked to your gas consumer number or LPG connection.
Link Aadhaar Card to LPG for PAHAL:
An LPG connection is an important aspect of everyday Indian life. You cannot imagine your day without using your gas to cook food, boil water or simply heat some food item. LPG connection is not cheap and especially so for the poorer sections of the society. But rising LPG prices are taking a toll on their budget and many are unable to afford gas. The problem is compounded by the fact that LPG is heavily subsidised by the government. This heavy subsidy even for middle or upper class people who can afford the non-subsidised LPG prices is making the situation untenable.
The government however has come up with a scheme to ease the process for everyone. It is urging the richer sections of society to give up LPG subsidy and asking the sections of society unable to buy gas without subsidy to pay the full price of gas and then avail the subsidy directly as cash transfer to their account.
Under this scheme called PAHAL, the subsidy amount is directly transferred to the bank account of the customer. However, to ensure that the right people are receiving the amount of subsidy in their bank accounts, they have to link their LPG connection number to their Aadhaar number. This can be done both online and offline.
The subsidy offered on LPG connections is also an initiative to encourage the rural population of the country to use safer and environment-friendly measures rather than traditional ‘Choolha.’ In addition, the government continues to request richer sections of society to give up their subsidy so their subsidy amount can be utilised for free distribution of LPG gas burners in rural areas.
Aadhaar Card to LPG Linking Process:
You can link your Aadhaar card to your LPG connection through a number of ways.
- Through Distributor: By choosing to link your Aadhaar card to LPG through the distributor, you have to download the subsidy form from www.petroleum.nic.in and print it. A duly filled form can be submitted at the distributor’s office or can be dropped in the application box.
- Through Call Centre: Customers can also call on 18000-2333-555. This is a quite simple way of doing things. You just have to follow the operator’s instructions.
- Through Post: You can also download the subsidy registration form from the official website and post it to the given address. The registration will be done automatically.
- Through IVRS: Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) is another option for you to link your Aadhaar card to LPG. The system is installed by every LPG Company for the convenience of their customers.
LPG Subsidy Amount:
Here are a few tips explaining how to check the credited subsidy amount in your bank account and the process.
- An advance deposit is made in the bank account of the customer at the time of registering for the subsidy. This is a permanent and one-time deposit for the subscription of LPG cylinders taken in one year. No deposits are made after this in the particular year.
- Customers can only obtain a specific number of cylinders in a year and while booking a cylinder they have to pay the current market price.
- If the customer decides to quit the scheme or discontinue the LPG cylinder connection, the dues will be adjusted accordingly.