Indian Overseas Bank has made provisions to link your bank account with Aadhaar to prevent your account from getting blocked. People having bank accounts in IOB can get it done both online as well as offline. Once you link your bank account with Aadhaar, you start receiving government subsidies in your Indian Overseas Bank account. Let us find out how you can link your bank account with Aadhaar through each process quite easily.
People having accounts in IOB can link them with Aadhaar online in two ways – They can either visit the Indian Overseas Bank’ official site to link their account directly or login to their internet banking account to link them with Aadhaar. Let us have a look on both processes in detail.
IOB has made it simpler for users to link their bank accounts with Aadhaar. They can do it online directly by visiting the official website without logging in to their internet banking account. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit the IOB website at https://www.iobnet.co.in/ibanking/ibAadhaarValidate.do.
- Enter your account number in the field provided.
- Now enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Tick the consent statement and click on the next option.
- You will have to enter your user ID and password of internet banking for authentication.
- Your bank account will be linked with Aadhaar in a few days.
- On successful linking, a confirmation SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number.
Apart from direct seeding of Aadhaar, account holders can link their bank accounts with Aadhaar by logging in to their internet banking account as well. Here’s how it can be done:
- Login to your internet banking account at https://www.iobnet.co.in/ibanking/login.do using your login ID and password.
- In the “Edit Profile” tab, choose “Aadhaar Details” option.
- Select the “Update Aadhaar Number” option.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and submit it.
- Your Aadhaar will be linked with your bank account after proper verification.
- A confirmation SMS will be sent to you after successful linking.
Customers of Indian Overseas Bank can link their bank account with Aadhaar by visiting the home branch as well. It is advisable for those who are not too familiar with internet banking. Here is how Aadhaar can be linked with your bank account by visiting the branch where your account is being operated:
- Visit your IOB home branch and collect the Aadhaar seeding form.
- Enter your name as mentioned on your Aadhaar card, your Aadhaar number and other details in the form.
- You need to carry self-attested copies of your Aadhaar card and your bank account’s passbook.
- You might be provided an application form to link your Aadhaar number with your bank account.
- Submit the form along with the self-attested copies of your documents.
- The bank executive may ask you for your original Aadhaar for verification purpose.
- The executive will hand over the receipt to you after verification along with your original Aadhaar card.
- Your bank account will be linked with Aadhaar within a few working days.
- You will get a confirmation SMS after successful seeding of your Aadhaar on your registered mobile number.