- Through Net Banking
- Through SMS
- Through ATM
- By visiting the bank.
All the 4 processes are extremely easy and it takes very less time to link bank account with Aadhaar. However, the bank has not made provisions for users to link their bank account with Aadhaar using their Maha Bank mobile app.
Bank of Maharashtra has made provisions through which bank accounts can be linked with Aadhaar through net banking. In order to link their bank accounts with Aadhaar, account holders will have to follow these simple steps:
Visit the Bank of Maharashtra internet banking login page by clicking
- Enter your user ID and password to login to your account.
- In the “Requests” section, click on the “Aadhaar Seeding” option.
- Now enter your 12-digit Aadhaar twice and click on the submit request button.
- Once submitted, it may take up to 48 hours for verification and linking of your bank account with Aadhaar.
- You will get a confirmation message when your bank account is linked with Aadhaar on your registered mobile number.
Account holders of Bank of Maharashtra can also link their bank accounts with Aadhaar through SMS. They simply have to type SEED<Aadhaar number><Bank account number> and send the message to 9223181818 from the mobile number registered with the bank.
For example, if your Aadhaar number is 987654321098 and the bank account number is 123456789012345, then type the message in the format SEED987654321098 123456789012345 and send the message to the number mentioned above.
It should be worth noting that only those account holders whose mobile numbers are registered with the bank can avail this facility.
Bank of Maharashtra has made provisions for its customers to link their bank accounts with Aadhaar through ATMs as well. Here’s how they can seed Aadhaar with their bank accounts by visiting a Bank of Maharashtra ATM:
- Swipe your debit/ATM card in the machine and enter your ATM pin.
- Now click on the “Services” menu.
- Select the “Aadhaar Seeding” option.
- Now enter your 12 digit Aadhaar twice and click on the confirm button.
- You will get a successful request receipt.
- Your Aadhaar will be linked with your bank account in a couple of days.
- A confirmation SMS is sent to the user’s registered mobile number after successful linking.
In order to make Aadhaar seeding easy for all, Bank of Maharashtra has made provisions for people to link their bank accounts with Aadhaar by visiting the bank as well. People not proficient with technology can visit the bank and follow these steps to link their bank accounts with Aadhaar:
- Visit Bank of Maharashtra’s home branch where your account is being maintained.
- Fill Aadhaar Seeding form and mention your correct Aadhaar number, account number and the name as mentioned in Aadhaar.
- Submit the form along with the self-attested copies of your bank account’s passbook and Aadhaar card.
- The bank official might ask you to present your original Aadhaar for verification.
- After verification, you will be handed over the receipt.
- Your bank account will be linked with Aadhaar in two working days.
- A confirmation message will be sent to your registered mobile number.