To apply for new Aadhar Card, you need to visit an Aadhaar enrolment centers near you. At the enrolment center, you need to fill out the enrolment form, submit your biometric details along with documents required for the verification of proof of identity and the proof of address. The Aadhaar registrations have made very simple by UIDAI. Follow the steps given below, how to apply for Aadhaar card registration:
The first step that an applicant should keep in mind before applying for an Aadhaar is to have all documents required for the Aadhaar card ready while visiting the enrolment centre. The application process for Aadhaar card is same for all Indian citizens including minors and senior citizens.
They only have to furnish relevant documents at the time of enrolment. Here is how a person can do this:
Find an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre near you. If you reside in Tier I cities, you can find it at
You can also find Aadhaar Enrolment Centres in other cities by visiting
Fill the enrolment form (the form is also available online at
- Submit the form along with supporting documents such as the proof of identity and the proof of address.
- After all the documents are accepted, submit your biometric data which includes your fingerprints and the iris scan.
- Your photograph is also taken for Aadhaar.
- Collect the acknowledgement slip that contains the 14-digit enrolment number. It is used to check Aadhar card status.
The Acknowledgement slip should be kept safely till you get your Aadhaar card.
There are some states and Union Territories in India where the Aadhaar enrolment is carried out by the Registrar General of India. The places include:
- Arunachal Pradesh.
- West Bengal.
- Tamil Nadu.
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
- Bangalore rural.
- Jammu & Kashmir
The process of applying for Aadhaar remains the same for these places as it is for the rest of the country.
Once all the documents and biometric data required for the Aadhaar card are submitted, it can take up to 90 days, i.e. 3 months, for the Aadhaar card to be sent to your residential address. The card will be sent via India Post and due to high number of people applying for the Aadhaar card, it may take more than 90 days to reach to the respective card holder.
However, if a person is in need of his/her Aadhaar card and in hurry, he/she can download a copy of the Aadhaar card which is also known as E-Aadhaar. To get the e-Aadhaar online you can follow these steps:
- Visit the Aadhaar Card official website of UIDAI.
Fill in the form with using the enrolment number or the Aadhaar number.
If you have the enrolment number:
- Enter the enrolment number.
- Enter the date and time as mentioned in the acknowledgement slip.
Enter your name, pin code of your area and your registered mobile number with Aadhaar.
If you have your Aadhaar number:
- Enter it along with your name, pin code and mobile number.
- After all the details are entered an OTP (One Time Password) is generated that will help in downloading a coloured version of the Aadhaar letter which is as valid as the Aadhaar card itself.